Cath Thorne Independent Demonstrator Stampin Up Australia

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Scrapbooking their artwork..... and Storage Box for Stampin' Markers.

I have had this painting kicking around on my desk for a while now which we painted after watching an Amy Pearce video on YouTube and I liked it, so I wondered what to do with it ... I don't really have wall space to dedicate to it .... and it occurred to me that a perfect place for this painting would be in my scrapbooking album ... which made me think that it would be a good idea for all of the beautiful one of a kind artwork the kids give me too. So, if you have these kinds of priceless pieces in your home too.... basically I grabbed my Color Coach and flipped through it until I found a colour that would make for a lovely background (in this case Rich Razzleberry) and then so that it didn't detract from the artwork I just looked for one more colour that would complement it and went with some very plain blocked areas of colour so that the main attention would still be with the painting... it happened that I also had a photo of the kids that related in some way to the painting... so I included that photo too.



Hooray... one more thing off my desk... and a beautiful page all in one!!!



Since I was neatening up all the things on my desk I thought this marker storage box was really cute too.. and there is room for a couple of blender pens to be stored in with your neutral markers too!




Instructions based on above video:
Cut 5 cardstock sqaures 7 1/4" x 7 1/4". (18 1/2 cm x 18 1/2 cm)
Score at 2 1/4", 4 1/2", 6 3/4"  (5.5cm, 11cm, 16.5cm)
Make a little scored notch at 3 3/8" (8.3cm)
Turn so notch is at the left side, score at 2" (5cm).
Score diagonal line from the notch to the edges of the square.
Cut and fold and assemble as shown on video.

Cut Decorative DSP Paper 5" x 12" (12.5cm x 30cm)
With long side at top score at 1 1/8", 3 1/2", 8", 10 3/8" (4cm, 10cm, 21cm, 27cm)
Cut and fold and assemble as shown on video.

To make the marker box this is what you need:

Naturals Ivory A4 Card Stock- 108630


Modern Medley Designer Series Paper
Modern Medley Designer Series Paper - 126926


OR
Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
Gingham Garden Designer Series 129310



Sticky Strip - by Stampin' Up!
Sticky Strip 104294



Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive - by Stampin' Up!
Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive 110755


Natural 7/8" Cotton Ribbon
 Natural 7/8" Cotton Ribbon 127844


Color Coach
Color Coach 130118












A few people have asked me about the tutorial for the painting it is an interpretation of this one....



No comments:

Post a Comment